An adorable sign that's a perfect gift for you to make! Comes unfinished and includes: 5x7 plaque, buffalo check tissue paper to decoupage, 5" USA, two small wooden hearts, white paint and decoupage, along with a plate, brush and sponge.
USA Hearts Connected
• Decoupage the Background
• Using the sponge, apply a thin layer of decoupage to the white plaque.
• Carefully line up the tissue paper to the plaque, hover above make sure its lined up before pressing down.
• Start at one side and lay the tissue paper down onto the decoupaged plaque.
• Gently press the tissue paper down. You can gently pat the bubbles, but not too hard or it will rip.
• White wash the USA cutout
• Dip your brush in the water, then dip the very end in the paint
• Paint along the grain line
• If the color is saturated add more water to thin out
• If you want more color then add more paint
• LET IT DRY
• Sandpaper the edges
• Once the decoupage is dry then take the sandpaper and gently rub the edges of the plaque to remove the excess tissue paper
• I like to roll my sand paper slightly
• Apply a thin layer of mod podge to the top of the tissue paper to seal it together
• The tissue paper will have wrinkles and bumps…it’s totally fine! It’ll work out.
• Glue it all together!
• State goes on the background
• Glue the hearts over the area on the USA you’d like (I use Google to figure out where the states are)
• Use a sharpie to dot a cute path between the hearts
• Let it dry